Tuesday 12 June 2012

Superheros Challenge!

Hello everyone!
Today I have the first post of the new Superhero Challenge! I'll be posting twice a week for this challenge, there will be a villains post on Tuesdays and a Hero's post on Thursdays :) This challenge was created by Jo from Northern Nails and she kindly invited me to take part. This challenge is right up my street and I was so excited to be asked to be a part of it :) So here's what the challenge posts will be...
So for today's post I have a Marvel Villain!
It took me a while to choose as I didn't realize just how many characters there are :P Finally I settled on one I liked the look of and knew I could create something unique from it on my nails.
I chose Dormammu! here's the pictures I used for inspiration...
 He's one scary guy to look at! Which is one of the reasons I chose him. Look at his fire face! Anyway, onto the nails...

First I'll explain the inspiration for each nail.
My thumb was inspired by the blue ball of light you can see on one of the pictures in Dormammu's hand.
My index finger was inspired by the cloud rising from Dormammu's head in one picture.
My middle finger was inspired by his fire face.
My ring finger was inspired by his clothing
My little finger was inspired by the fire that is always present around him.
 Here's a clearer picture (I forgot the new watermark on this picture! :( ) and a list of the polishes I used.
thumb: OPI Alpine Snow, OPI What's With The Cattitude? and Models Own Indian Ocean
Index finger: Color Club Almost Famous, OPI In My Back Pocket and Revlon Lunar
Middle finger: Color Club Almost Famous and Revlon Lunar
Ring finger: H&M Berry Love, Revlon Lunar and Models Own Nail Art Pen in Black
Little finger: H&M Berry Love, OPI In My Back Pocket and Color Club Almost Famous.
Wow, that's a lot of polish!!
Overall, I'm very pleased with how this turned out! I thought it was going to be a disaster because the characters are so in depth and have so much detail but I had a lot of fun trying to translate the essence of Dormammu onto my nails :P
I can't wait for the Hero post on Thursday now!

Also, check out the other girls who are taking part in this challenge along with me to create the Super Six!
Debbie at The Crumpet

Have you ever done nail art based on a character? if so who? Let me know in the comments :)
Thanks for reading :)

10 comments:

  1. Love it, this is a Villain that I have never heard of , thanks for that! This is brilliant I love how you interpreted him can't wait to see your hero!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admitt i had no idea who this was until i googled it but i love how bright this manicure is! Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh i really like this! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is great. I love the fire theme and you nailed the details! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really love this! Awesome Manicure!

    /Hugs

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...