Sunday 4 March 2012

Week 10 Polka Dot Nails

Hello everyone :)
Time for another 52 Week Challenge post! This week our challenge was Polka Dots. Now when I think of polka dot nails I think that they're boring, |I don't know why. So I've never done one as they never appealed to me. However I knew this was coming up so I'd been looking around on google for a few weeks to prepare :P I came across some pretty pink and white spotty nails that I liked the look of and decided to combine them with something from one of the other challenges that I wanted to revisit, so here it is...
I used two coats of OPI Nail Envy base coat as a starting point for this mani. I then added reinforcement ring stickers and added 3 coats of OPI Pink Friday. I used OPI Alpine Snow to create the grips with a hair grip as I wanted large polka dots and then topped it all off with OPI Rapidry Topcoat.
I really wanted to go back and try half moon nails again and I found some of the reinforcement stickers a few days ago and I was dying to try them out. I thought they would fit quite well with what I wanted to do for this weeks challenge. I left my thumb and ring finger nail plain as I thought if I did all my nails it would be too much and I wouldn't like them. I really like them like this though, I'm so glad I went back and redid the half moon nails :)
I need to work on my polka dot skills though! :P They're not all the same size and shape which irritated me but I don't think they're too bad for my first try :) I think I'll be doing a lot of dots in future mani's to try and get better :p

What do you think to polka dot nails? Have you got any tips on how to create perfect dots? Let me know in the comments :)
Thanks for reading :)
Charlotte xxx

5 comments:

  1. lovely! I really like naked half moons, they're so classy :) and for awesome dots, you really need a dotting tool. Perfect dots, every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally cute! Love the crisp lines and polka dots!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the half moons, looks really cute with the dots!! I have given you the Laine award :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute and classy! And your half moons are super crisp :) This might make no sense at all but I find the best way to do dots is figuring the right amount of polish on whatever you're using. Too little and you end up having to press into your nail and too much can turn into a weird blob. Also I find using acrylic paint helps because it doesn't start getting stringy like polish does as it dries.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) I totally understand what you mean :) I'll definitely keep that in the mind the next time I do polka dots :)

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...