Wednesday 29 February 2012

Green Ombre Nails

Hello everyone :)
Today I have pictures of my most recent mani to show you. I've been seeing ombre nails around since last summer and kept telling myself I'd do them and never got round to it :P So I finally sat down and decided I'd do it. Even though I have quite a collection of polishes now it was still very hard to find 5 similar colours and shades that would look okay together, and that were all cremes that didn't have any shimmer or flecks or anything. So finally I decided on 5 colours and here's what happened...

I used 3 coats of Essie Playa Del Platinum on my thumb (even though you can't see it in the pictures :p), 2 coats of OPI Stranger Tides on my index finger, 2 coats of OPI Mermaids Tears on my middle finger, 2 coats of OPI Don't Mess With OPI on my ring finger and 3 coats of Julep Diane on my little finger. 

Three of these colours were untrieds so I'm glad I got to use them as I love them all! I really love how this mani turned out, it looks really interesting from a distance and as usual I had many people comment on them as they'd never seen them done before. A few people told me that they didn't like them as they weren't all the same colour! :P I personally think they're very interesting and can't wait to do them again in different colours for spring and summer :)
What do you all think of the ombre nails trend? and what colours do you think look the best for this style?

Also, I'm not too far away from 250 followers! Look out for a giveaway when I reach that massive milestone! :D
Thanks for reading :)
Charlotte xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...