Sunday 12 February 2012

52 Week Challenge Week 7

Hello everyone :)
This weeks 52 week challenge was Valentines Day nails. I spent a long time looking for inspiration for this weeks challenge and their were several things I was sure of: I wanted to use pinks and white and I wanted some sort of nail art at the tip of the nail. So here's what I came up with...

I used 4 coats of OPI Isn't That Precious as the base colour. This polish is a new one and its absolutely beautiful, even though it took several coats to build up the colour pay off is worth it :) I then used two coats of Models Own Pink Blush for the V shaped tips, which I freehanded and am rather proud of :P I then used OPI Alpine snow and a dotting tool to add the small dots. 

Originally I wanted to add a love heart to the thumb and ring nail to add a little extra something to this mani but I knew I'd mess it up and get angry at myself, so I left it. I really like how it turned out actually. The colours worked well together and it was super cute and sweet and girly.

Also since I've been using Nail Envy for around 3 weeks now I've noticed my nails haven;t been chipping. Usually my nail polish starts to chip around 1-2 days after application, after using nail envy this doesn't happen anymore. I've also noticed my nails no longer peel or split horizontally, I am very impressed. Also I've barely made a dent in the bottle and I use it all the time :P

I hope you like my Valentines day mani, let me know what you think in the comments :)
Thanks for reading :)
Charlotte xxx

11 comments:

  1. That is a very cute design. So beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute design!!
    I've heard good things about Nail Envy. How are you using it?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use two coats as base coat and then my polish and a top coat. Then every other day I add a coat of Nail Envy on top until I change my mani and then I start again :)

      Delete
    2. And it works well as a base coat? I have trouble finding anything that will actually stick to my nails. Bonder and Sticky don't work very well, I get 2, maybe 3 days without any chipping. Color Club Vitabase lasted 1 day! I just picked up Poshe and China Glaze last week but I haven't tried them yet. So far I have the best lasting power with Zoya, but I'd love to find a base that actually helps strengthen my nails too!

      Delete
    3. Yeah it works great as a base coat for me :) I'm really pleased with it, definitely worth paying for in my opinion :)

      Delete
    4. Very cool, thanks for the tip!! :)

      Delete
  3. Very pretty! I'm not much of a pink polish fan, but all these valentines are kind of getting me in the mood :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is really cute! I love the v and the dots! You did a great job and you're right, it's very girly :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. this is UBER cute! i love it! i prefer val's day to be more girly i think than vampy :)

    also i have tagged u in an 11 questions tag on my blog if you wanna join in :)) x

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...