Sunday 18 December 2011

Snowmen

Hello everyone,
Today I have my snowman mani to show you. I really enjoyed doing this nail art, it took me a while to get it right but when I did I really loved it. Many people who saw this mani thought they were stickers and were amazed when I told them I did them, hopefully that means I'm getting better at my nail art :P Anyway, on with the pictures..
To create this look I used two coats of OPI Ski teal we drop as the base colour. I was really surprised y this colour I could have gotten away with using one coat but I wanted to make sure it fully covered everywhere on my nail so I did two. This colour is such a beautiful dark blue/green mix, reminds me of the night sky which is exactly why I picked it for this mani. I then layered the white glitter snowman polish over the top to give the illusion of snow falling :) It looks beautiful when the light hits the glitter and really does look like the glittering snow.
I did an accent on my thumb nails for once and I'm really pleased with how well my snowman turned out. So here he is :) I used OPI Alpine Snow for the snowman's body, I was surprised at how well this covered the dark base colour as all the whites I've used in the past have basically been rubbish but this one is perfect. I then used Revlon Lunar for the eyes, mouth and buttons using a dotting tool. For the nose I used chopsticking to my story with a small nail art brush. I finally used OPI Come To Poppy for the scarf. Overall I feel this was quite a simple way to do Christmas nails without having to spend a long period of time on them.
I've also been playing about with my camera in the last couple of days, I'm still getting used to it but hopefully my pictures will be improving as I learn more things :) Also, please excuse the state of my cuticles, being old in the cold and the wind for hours everyday really do not help me and I can't seem to get my cuticles to be hydrated and lovely looking :( Any suggestions can be left in the comments section as always :)
Thanks for reading :)
Charlotte xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...